Technical Program Manager (Hybrid)
Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As a Technical Program Manager(TPM) you will be empowered to drive cross-team initiatives for the next generation e-commerce platform related to payments domain. This is the team which handles systems that enable our customers to pay and receive conveniently in various currencies. This is a critical IC role in Stockx Engineering organization and you will work across several use cases involving multiple stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence (BI) and Operations groups.
What you’’ll do
- A TPM in this role will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives in Payments/SEO/Localization platforms to name a few. Specifically, the TPM will drive the problem space, work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize solutions, organize/align multiple engineering teams for delivery and drive execution leveraging milestones/KPIs.
- Look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Move fluidly from the big picture end-to-end software systems to low level details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional software projects, often with tight deadlines.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Project manage complex and large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives . Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Minimum software industry experience of 10+ years
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a product based software development company as a TPM or Engineering Manager.
- Technical experience in large distributed systems, Microservices Architecture, NoSQL, Cloud computing.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Exposure to work in Offsite / Onsite teams spread in multiple time zones and countries.
- Proven strong cross-team and cross-org stakeholder management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking mindset. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Metrics driven: Experience determining effective program KPIs and using them to measure program success and issues.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Be exceptional at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or escalate, as required.
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.