Director, Programmatic Ad Partnerships & Business Development
Are you a seasoned expert with experience in digital advertising and programmatic ad buying? Are you a self-starting sales hunter who possesses a solid understanding of digital media and ad tech and is eager to leverage their skills to build a book of business that drives incremental revenue? Do you have a proven track record of selling to brands agencies, developing relationships internally and externally and negotiating high profile deals? Are you adept at thinking on your feet, pivoting swiftly to tackle problems in a high-speed environment? If you're ready to embrace challenges, revel in success, and look forward to growing with Rockbot, we should have a conversation!
The Rockbot team helps businesses, brands, and places succeed by empowering them to deliver better customer experiences and build stronger connections through media in real-world spaces. Targeting both agencies and brand advertisers directly to drive the most important area of the company - TV. Rockbot’s TV Product is widely deployed in locations across the country reaching tens of millions of viewers.
As the Director, Programmatic Advertising at Rockbot, you will focus on driving revenue by leading Programmatic Ad Sales. In this role, you will oversee the planning, management, and optimization of programmatic campaigns and execute go to market strategies for agency and brand partners. By utilizing your established connections and constant and strategic engagement, you will cultivate a robust pipeline of leading brands and agencies and identify opportunities to engage additional channel leads to diversify our revenue streams.
- Lead the development of appropriate Programmatic (CTV and DOOH) partnerships designed to meet clients’ brand and marketing objectives while also identifying opportunities to pull in additional channel leads
- Drive significant revenue growth by creating and executing go to market strategies for agency and brand partners (monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas)
- Work closely with the Ad Operations team to ensure the accurate and timely execution of programmatic campaigns, optimized technology integrations, data collection and processing compliance, and month-end revenue reporting
- Initiate partnerships, build relationships, and evaluate leading programmatic partners in CTV and DOOH
- Provide critical insights on audience measurement and data requirements/opportunities, leveraging these insights to enhance our ad sales strategies
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or a related field
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in digital advertising, with a strong focus on programmatic ad buying
- Proven experience in the TV Product advertising field, with a solid understanding of both CTV and DOOH partnerships
- Proven track record of selling to brands and agencies, developing relationships, and negotiating high-profile deals
- Comprehensive understanding of digital media, ad tech, and programmatic ad buying
- Knowledgeable about the current trends and best practices in programmatic advertising
- Exceptional understanding of audience measurement and data requirements/opportunities and how to leverage these insights to enhance ad sales strategies
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to secure lucrative deals with clients
Rockbot is the first streaming platform to seamlessly combine TV, Music, and Digital Signage into one simple interface enabling businesses of all sizes to easily control their guest experience. We power in-location media for dozens of industries such as fitness, retail, hotels, restaurants, major airports and SMBs everywhere. Rockbot is backed by Google Ventures, Detroit Ventures, Universal Music and other leading investors.
Rockbot takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location in the U.S. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
The compensation band for this role is $125K - $150K + variable, along with equity and benefits for all team members.
- Drive: We pursue our mission with relentless tenacity, passion, and optimism and inspire those around us to do the same. We love the journey and are on offense all the time. Yesterday was good enough for yesterday, but today we have to do even better.
- Accountability: We take ownership of our promises, responsibilities, behaviors, and products, and we expect the same of others. Standing behind our mistakes, communicating honestly, and making things right creates trust and strong relationships.
- Curiosity: We are hungry to learn and continually deepen our knowledge, skills, and understandings. We have a growth mindset and are intellectually curious. We challenge our beliefs and seek feedback and insights from others. The “Why” and “How” always matters.
- Empathy: We embrace that no two people or businesses are the same. We strive to understand others as deeply as possible and feel their pains and passions.
- Ingenuity: We work hard but we think smart. We bring creativity, technology, and practicality together to solve tough challenges.
- Integrity: We say what we mean, and do what we say, simply, clearly, honestly.
Rockbot is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.