Senior GIS Software Developer
Who We Are
Navv Systems (“Navv”) created NavvTrack®, an indoor location platform (“indoor GPS”) for hospitals and other healthcare facilities. NavvTrack enables accurate, real-time visualization of key people, equipment, and workflows to help healthcare systems improve patient outcomes while simultaneously increasing operational efficiency and reducing costs.
We are a passionate group who are excited about creating solutions that improve the lives of others. Our values include innovating every day, celebrating diversity, prioritizing health and wellness, delivering high quality service, laughing every day, honesty and transparency first, and working hard and having fun. We are looking to expand our team with highly-motivated individuals who connect with these values and are looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
We are seeking a Customer Support Manager to own, enhance, monitor, and oversee the customer support system and framework for our SaaS platform. A well-qualified candidate will have the ability to communicate well and advocate for our customers, be comfortable building and iterating new processes, and have an excellent understanding of support team best practices.
• Create the processes for integrating with a Mapping CMS
• Develop solutions for routing indoorsImplement solutions for geofencingIntegrate with iOT and mobile devices
• Enable the rendering of real time tracking data
• Provide maps for buildings
• Provide data visualizations for geospatial data
• Write specifications for solutions to be outsourced
• Ability to understand, recommend and build a GIS Architecture
• Cooperate and coordinate development with external Development Team
• Business requirement gathering and translation
• Drive business objectives in Development Team
Skills and Experience Required
• Experience in working with shared mobile devices (iOS and Android)
• Familiarity with Mobile Device Management
• Experience with distributed systems
• Fullstack development experience on both HTML and Server Side processing
• Experience with Restful APIs
• Experience with data streams
• Experience with QGIS
• Experience with ArcGIS
• Experience with FME (Safe software)
• Familiarity with CAD
• Bachelors degree
• Training in software development
• Agile/ Scrum
• Management Skills
What its like to work for Navv
We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan and have a small office there. Most of our team works remote, but the office is there for those who like the option of a break from the house -- you get to choose! Because we are largely remote we rely heavily on digital communication tools to interact and increase connection, and we gather for all-staff in-person meetings at least once a quarter.
We encourage team members to explore areas of interest and love to see people accomplish professional and personal astonishing feats. We believe our work can be a meaningful aspect of our lives, not just a paycheck. That being said, we respect people’s personal time and space. We understand the importance of flexibility and that our employees have families and lives outside of work, too.
We offer competitive pay and unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, 401k matching and other benefits.