Technical Program Manager
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Technical Program Managers operate within the Engineering organization and have technical knowledge that enables them to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, and eager to collaborate to solve difficult challenges. Our next TPM is expected to be flexible and pivot to help lead the company's most pressing initiatives. This person will be highly organized, productive, poised, and able to thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with engineering and product leads to evolve Ethos' product strategy and development
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Drive internal process improvements across teams and functions, to ensure high performance bars are met across the board
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks
- Perform the duties of a scrum master using agile methodologies and scrum practices
- Assist teams with having a detailed understanding of agile and scrum framework
- Participate and facilitate roadmapping, sprint planning sessions, retrospectives, demos, and scrum of scrums
- Help teams understand and balance dependencies between performance, efficiency, and product functionality
- Map dependencies and relationships between projects and teams, coordinating efforts across organizations and verticals
- Communicate status and big picture to the stakeholders and leadership
- Work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years knowledge and work as an active scrum master
- Experience working in or with software development and product management teams
- Experience developing, managing, and coaching teams
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $120,000 - $195,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.