Data Analyst Engineer
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is seeking a Data Analyst Engineer to join our Data Platform team and help drive data operations Sales, Marketing, and Product teams. As a Data Analytics Engineer, you will play a critical role in transforming raw data into actionable insights that drive business growth. If you have a passion for data analysis, development, and are proficient in SQL, DBT & Data Modeling we encourage you to apply
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain data marts to support various business functions
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand product and application behavior to arrive at the appropriate data model
- Optimize queries, and refine data structures to ensure efficient data retrieval and reporting
- Research and implement best practices for cost optimization in the data warehouse
- Ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity by implementing data validation and data cleansing processes. Perform data quality checks and troubleshoot any issues
- Create interactive dashboards and reports to communicate data findings effectively to stakeholders. Utilize data visualization tools to present actionable insights
- Continuously monitor data model jobs for regressions and optimize queries to maintain performance SLAs and improve efficiency and scalability. Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Maintain detailed documentation of data models for reference and knowledge sharing
Qualifications and Skills:
- Expert level proficiency in SQL development, set theory and relational algebra
- Expert level proficiency in data modeling techniques and principles
- Experience with DBT & a large scale data warehouse like Snowflake
- Familiarity with a programming language is a plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.