CX Operations Manager
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Creating a world-class customer experience is critical to Ethos’ mission and will continue to determine our growth and success in the life insurance industry. We are looking for an Operations Manager who can help enable our Customer Experience (CX) and Insurance Administration teams to deliver this experience. To succeed in this role, you should be passionate about creating frictionless operations to improve the Ethos customer experience.
- Use metrics, your own analysis, and other feedback mechanisms to identify, solution, and drive improvements in current CX processes to scale as the company grows
- Uncover and review actionable data-driven insights with management to drive informed decisions, improve the customer experience processes, fuel overall productivity, and improve customer satisfaction
- Discover gaps and inefficiencies in our existing tools and internal operational processes and project manage the implementation of improvements
- Evaluate new enablement technologies and lead implementation and integration of new solutions
- Work with engineering partners to scope, prioritize and implement automation and process improvements in Salesforce to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
- Design internal processes and systems to drive productivity and automation at scale
- Partner with leadership to gather required data inputs required to track data and translate data into useable insights
- Stay current on the latest industry trends, tools, and techniques to ensure we’re implementing solutions and creating processes that will help provide the best customer experience possible
- 5+ years experience as an operations professional with ownership over analysis and data driven insights leading to improved processes that resulted in efficiency gains
- Background in process development for high-volume production environments
- Strong project management experience with an ability to evaluate and re-prioritize and deliver results against team deadlines
- Proven track record of building and implementing complex business requirements within Salesforce and third party applications for high-velocity sales or support organizations
- Experience managing a team of other operations team members
- Strong communications skills with the ability to articulate messages to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.