Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As a Security Architect, your role involves designing, reviewing, and enhancing security frameworks, ensuring alignment with business goals for both existing and new security solutions. You'll be accountable for implementing and upholding technical security measures in line with best practices and organizational needs. Effective collaboration with various teams and stakeholders will be essential to safeguard company assets and data. This role demands both active, hands-on participation and forward-thinking strategy to uphold, shape, and develop security architecture while we expand and evolve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Threat Modeling & Architectural Assessments to cover all Information Security domains to ensure Security by Design
- Assess technologies and solutions to develop and enrich security capabilities
- Identify security gaps and communicate associated business risks to relevant stakeholders
- Craft solutions that harmonize business needs with security and compliance requirements
- Verify the effectiveness of security controls in mitigating identified risks
- Assist engineering projects across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and collaborate to prioritize product security elements effectively
- Apply expertise in information security and application development to instigate organizational shifts aimed at managing and resolving security weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Contribute to the creation of security policies, standards, and guidelines
- Devise and implement frameworks for data classification, retention, and disposal to ensure alignment with data privacy regulations
- Spearhead initiatives for data security awareness and training
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security with at least 2 years as a Security Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an additional 3 years of pertinent work involvement preferred
- Strong knowledge of prevalent security architectures, frameworks, standards and emerging threats along with strategies and technologies for defense
- Deep understanding of network protocols, operating systems, databases, applied cryptography, least privilege, zero trust principles, identity & access management, and other core information security concepts
- Expertise in cloud computing and its associated best security practices encompassing applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data security
- Ability to conduct threat modeling and risk assessments
- CISSP certification, while not required, is highly preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.