Software Engineer, Test
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As a Software Engineer, Test, you'll have an opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the InsureTech space. You’ll design and implement test automation that will be built ground up to support Ethos. We are detail-oriented and value clean, modular, and high-performing code. You’ll maintain test scripts and will scale up the tests for faster and reliable execution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers, etc. to release life-changing products
- Design and deliver risk-based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.)
- Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality
- Pair with software engineers to identify coverage gaps, automate repeated tasks, and build regression test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features, and process changes
- Awe your team by uncovering or better yet preventing corner case defects
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of software development or test framework development experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure tools (e.g. AWS/GCP, etc.).
- Experience with hands-on automation framework development: TestNG/Cypress/Selenium/Rest Assured/Cucumber/Jest etc.
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.