Help empower our global customers to connect to culture through their passions.
Why you’ll love this role
As an Accountant, you will be an integral member of an exciting and awesome accounting team within hyper-growth company as we continue to expand our services globally. You will support the Controller of APAC in working through the challenges each day and be involved in a number of ad hoc projects to support our growing business. If you enjoy working in a start-up culture, where ambiguity inspires your creativity, StockX, may be the place for you.
What you'll do
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations for all areas of the income statement and balance sheet
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of transactions
- Facilitate the processing of vendors and tax banking transactions
- Maintenance of the fixed asset subledgers
- Invoice and expense processing
- Responsible for month, quarter, and year-end close related activities including trend analysis, preparation of flux analysis and ad hoc analysis, various month-end reports and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for external audits and coordinate with management and external auditors to provide requested schedules and support
- Support and ensure compliance with all statutory finance and tax filing requirements
- Assist in the re-measurement process of financial statements
- Assist in on-going projects of ERP system
- Stay updated on all relevant local legislation, regulations and compliance requirements affecting the financial industry.
- Monitor changes in local laws and regulations and assess their impact on the Company’s operations
- Assist in the preparation of reports for regulatory agencies and ensure timely submission
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and assist in regulatory examinations and inspections
- Serve as a point of contact with banking partners
- Assist in the implementation of new tax and banking services and technologies to enhance efficiency
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Other ad-hoc assignments from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 to 5 years of experience in maintaining full set of accounts
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Well-versed in MS Office with advanced MS Excel and good PowerPoint skills.
- Japanese language abilities
Nice to have skills & experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software, preferably with exposure to Workday Financials
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth oriented environment
- Able to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies quickly
Location: Tokyo; hybrid model - 3 days working from office
StockX is the premier current culture platform for buying and selling authentic, new, sought-after products. Our powerful marketplace connects buyers and sellers for sneakers, apparel, accessories, electronics, collectibles and trading cards around the world. We provide millions of global customers with unprecedented access and market visibility powered by real-time data, allowing them to transact based on true market value. Launched in 2016 in Detroit, Michigan, StockX now employs more than 1,500 people in offices and authentication centers in 11 countries.