Site Supervisor (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are looking for an experienced Site Supervisor to be a part of the local team.
- Do you love learning about new technology?
- Are you an empathetic communicator and collaborative problem solver?
- Can you bring an exceptional balance of people skills and process-driven focus to the team?
- Are you capable of thriving in a startup environment where no two days are the same, and willing to tackle both large and small tasks with an all hands on deck mentality?
- Do you have a high level of personal responsibility that allows you to lead by example, work independently for long periods of time, and easily navigate between smooth and hectic shifts?
If you answered yes to these questions, this could be the role for you!
As a Site Supervisor, you will work independently and alongside your teammates to ensure a safe and positive experience for our riders, contracted Autonomous Vehicle Operators, and customers by coordinating daily logistics and handling any issues that arise. You will report directly to the Site Manager and will be vital in ensuring May Mobility exceeds expectations for customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that operations during each shift follow rigorous safety guidelines; continuously develop a culture of safety that is beyond reproach
- Follow daily protocols and track site performance metrics to systematically improve outcomes
- Become an expert in quickly collecting, documenting, and reporting feedback on mechanical and vehicle-related issues to the engineering team; collaborate with engineers and other team members to troubleshoot and handle escalations that could negatively impact operations
- Create a work environment that values all team members
- Cover shifts across days and times that fall outside normal business hours
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple platforms; strict attention to detail in every situation
- High comfort level with making judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- Understanding of best practices when it comes to top-notch customer service
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- 3+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or related area
- Prior experience in operations or logistics
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive healthcare suite including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. Domestic partners who have been residing together at least one year are also eligible to participate!
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Healthcare and Dependent Care Accounts available.
- Rich retirement benefits, including an immediately vested employer safe harbor match.
- Generous paid parental leave with immediate eligibility as well as a phased return to work.
- Flexible vacation policy in addition to 15 paid company holidays.
- Competitive salary and equity program as well as a bonus program.
- Daily catered lunches and snacks for onsite employees
- Employee Work Perk Stipends for hybrid and remote employees
- Total Wellness Program providing numerous resources for overall wellbeing
The expected base salary range for this full-time position is $45,000 - $60,000 per year. May’s pay ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including but not limited to- job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. A successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, equity compensation, and generous company benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.