Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We’ve issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is seeking a talented Compliance Analyst to support our Legal and Compliance team across a broad range of areas, including fraud investigations, marketing review, audit support, licensing, data privacy matters, policy updates, internal trainings, and product compliance. The successful individual will apply their broad knowledge of insurance regulatory concepts and principles; and perform complex assignments with minimal direction and guidance from management. Most importantly, the candidate must be flexible, learn quickly and have a desire to help design and execute our end to end legal and compliance processes as we scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve advertising, marketing, and other external and internal communications for compliance with industry regulations and business practices
- Provide guidance and support to business partners (e.g., Sales and Marketing) in creation of sales materials and mandated product training
- Review fraud analytics reports, investigate suspected fraud, and prepare summaries with recommended resolutions
- Assist Compliance team with HIPAA, FCRA, carrier, and other audit functions
- Review and analyze current policies and procedures; identify, recommend, and implement new and/or enhanced practices
- Contribute to the development of new and/or enhanced compliance programs and enterprise-wide initiatives, including educational presentations
- Research, analyze, and interpret current, new, and proposed regulatory requirements (e.g., statutes, regulations, bulletins) to determine impact to organization
- Provide guidance related to regulatory requirements; identify possible courses of action for various departments
- Compile information for completion of reporting, including reports for management and state/federal regulators
- Update and maintain complete and accurate policies, procedures, compliance logs, or files
- Provide product compliance support for new and existing insurance forms
- Assist team members with compliance testing, research and assigned tasks; provide training to supported teams
- Assist with data privacy tasks, including data subject requests and unsubscribe requests
- Assist with annual license renewals
Skills and Qualifications:
- Risk management degree or similar education or 2+ years of regulatory, legal, securities, insurance, or advertising compliance experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and research skills, including NILS or similar regulatory search service
- Proficiency using MS Office tools and Google Docs Editors / Drive
- General knowledge of life insurance products, laws, regulations, rules; hold applicable industry designations and/or FINRA licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, business, marketing, pre-law, or other relevant field, or equivalent education and experience
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $55,000 - $93,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.